AMDG Exterior Contracting Windows Division is experienced with all available window styles and designs.
This “Windows Solution” page details the many options and styles we use to convert your old outdated windows to a brand new and fresh appearance.
Carefully chosen, few investments can add more value to a home than new windows.
It is important to understand that the true value in windows is a combination of beauty, thermal efficiency, and performance.
That is why we sell and install only Energy Star®, thermal performance windows.style to your home, reducing maintenance and cleanup while saving energy and the environment. As often as you look through windows, you also look at them. Each and every detail matters.
Select beauty to complement your home as well as efficiency. Select slim, trim lines to create a graceful impression that emphasizes the view, not the window. Make sure that frames and sashes have a carpentered look. Choose locks and hardware that perfectly match the rest of the window, ones that practically disappear.
Energy Savings in Winter and Summer:
- Thermal efficiency delivers value two ways—by providing real comfort year-round, and by helping save money on cooling and heating. We use only windows that are designed to deliver outstanding thermal performance.
- Honeycomb frames filled with insulating air spaces that significantly reduce condensation.
- Double weather-stripping that locks out wind and weather.
- Double- and triple-paned integral glazing systems.
- High performance Low “E” glazing systems to keep summer heat out and winter heat in better than any other system in its class, and to significantly reduce damaging UV rays.
Easy to Maintain
Tilt-in sash windows save time and trouble. They make cleaning quick and easy. Solid vinyl construction never flakes, chips, or rots—never needs painting or puttying. One-piece fusion-welded sashes never warp, shrink, or swell. A good balance system makes sashes easy to open and keeps them in place and never need adjustment for years of normal use.
- Trouble-free, virtually maintenance-free, operation for decades.
- Tilt-in sashes that make cleaning quick and easy.
- Solid vinyl construction that never flakes, chips, or rots—never needs painting or puttying.
- One-piece fusion-welded sashes that never warp, shrink, or swell.
- Balance systems that make sashes easy to open and keeps them in place and that never need adjustment.
With so many window configurations, it is sometimes difficult to make the right choice for performance and budget. Each room in your home is different, and has different operating and ventilation needs. For example, a slider or casement window may make more sense above a kitchen sink, because either would provide easier operation than a double hung.
You may want to use tempered glass for bathrooms and other areas for additional safety. You may select laminated glass to keep criminals from entering your home. Options carry an additional expense, but our basic windows provide features that do not cost anything extra.
Choosing The Right Glass
Where you live has a lot to do with the type of glass you should purchase. Thermal performance options like Low-E glass and argon gas can be added, but selecting the right combination is as important as selecting the right window configurations for your home.
When a room faces the sun for the majority of the day, we recommend one type of Low-E glass for maximum solar control. Other rooms with less exposure can use less expensive Low-E glass. If your home has “cold spots” or “hot spots” we recommend using windows with insulating argon gas for maximum energy efficiency. If you have year-round shade from trees and shrubbery, you may not need a glass option that further reduces light transmittance, so your selection should be a literal reflection of your home and rooms’ locations.
Choosing The Right Options
We will help you tailor and customize your home with just about any style of window, with hundreds of possible options. It is smart for you to take the time to become familiar with your options, and to ensure that the windows and doors you select for your home will be the right ones. We have helped many people select the right glass, the perfect options, and the best window styles for their needs.
- Integrated, slim-line lift rail allows you to more easily operate sashes
- Special beveled mainframe that offers a true brick-mold appearance that adds class and style
- Aluminum-reinforced, multi-cavity construction that provides additional thermal performance and structural integrity
- Full screens
- Brass Extras—optional brass locks and grids.
- Begin your planning and window selection right here. Our Windows Gallery shows the standard replacement windows that serve almost all of your normal types of window. These are followed by specialty windows of different architectural styles to meet your special needs.
Two and Three-Pane Sliders provide easy horizontal sash movement and offer practical window styles where operational access may be difficult, such as above kitchen sinks.